SPRING MAKE UP

I am blown away by the support and love from I received from every direction the day this blog went live. I was expecting a handful of reade...

I am blown away by the support and love from I received from every direction the day this blog went live. I was expecting a handful of readers at most but I was truly blown away by the reception. I received over 2000 views over 2 days from around the globe and that is more than anything I could have imagined. Thank you for allowing me to share the things I love with you all!

Here's a quick post before I head out to a dinner where I'll be modeling dresses from Ceci Ao Dai. Check her out for your traditional ao dai and cheongsam needs - she also does bridal and formal wear! Also, keep an eye out for collaboration post in the future.

This look is perfect for the Spring weddings and kitchen teas you'll be attending!

 MAC Lipstick - So chaud
MAC Lipstick- Ravishing
MAC Lipstick - Kinda Sexy

Here are the products I wore on my face:

1. MOISTURIZE & PRIME

Once again I'm moisturizing with my Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrate which I've heard works well alone as a primer. However, I like applying a primer on my T-zone, nose and chin where I tend to shine after a few hours.I received a small sample of Benefit's Pore fessional which is a nude balm but works into the skin to minimize pores and fine lines. It receives a tick of approval from my end.

2. FOUNDATION & CONCEALER

For evening makeup, I swear by Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in #160 which has great coverage but does not leave my skin looking cake-y. I mix in a  bit of Josie Maran's Argan Illuminizer to give my skin a radiant glow and apply to my face with a damp Beauty Blender.

To cover up any blemishes I use MAC's Pro Conceal and Correct Palette in Medium. I also use the Mid-peach shade to correct the dark circles under my eyes before I conceal and highlight.

3. CONTOUR, HIGHLIGHT & BLUSH

I use the Stila Shape and Shade Custom Contour Duo in Medium to carve out my cheek bones and provide more definition to my face. I usually use this product when I know I will be taking photos.

To highlight I use MAC's Prep and Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast and TheBalm's Mary Lou Manizer.

For blush I chose a peachy shade to orange tones in my lips. I went with Clinique's Cheek pop in 02 Peach Pop. The floral indentation is just too adorable!

4. SET

I set my T-zone, cheeks and chin with the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pressed Powder which I bought in Paris. I know Mecca currently stocks the loose powder which works just as well but I find loose powders too messy and difficult to travel with. I've been told that the pressed powder compact is on its way to Australia so definitely snatch it up.

As always, I doused my entire face in MAC's Fix + spray to take away the powdery finish and to give my skin a nice glow.

5. EYES

For the eyes I went with the original Naked Palette for a bronzed smokey eye:
Inner corners: Half Baked
Lid color: Smog
Crease: Naked
Defining outer V: Buck and Inglot Matte 329
Lower lash line: Dark Horse

I lined my eyes with MAC's Fluidline in Black Track with their 266 small angled brush. SO MUCH YASSS FOR THIS BRUSH! It helped me perfect my liner technique and makes winged liner much easier to combat.

For lashes, I curled my eyelashes and applied 2 coats of Maybelline's Mega Plush in the waterproof formula since it holds curl better on stiff asian lashes. It's easily one of my favorite mascaras! I'm also wearing Ardell's Demi Wispies since I need a lot of help in the lash department. My eyelash game is definitely not as strong as my brow game hehe.

6. EYEBROWS

For brows I went for my trusty Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown.  I'm thinking of doing a complete eyebrow routine soon, what do you guys think?

7. LIPS

I played around with three of MAC's lipsticks which I pictured above. For a peachy nude I'd suggest MAC's Kinda Sexy. For a more warm toned peach go for MAC's Ravishing. For a bright red-orange go for MAC's So Chaud which looks beautiful on tanned skin.

Enjoy your Friday everyone! What would you like to see? I've listed a few posts I'm planning to do in the side bar but let me know.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. "I am blown away by the support and love from I received from every direction" I know what you mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.