DHC Deep Cleansing Oil Review

I have returned from my 2 week holiday to Japan and I've hauled a lot of beauty products to test/review. Japan was amazing but I'...


I have returned from my 2 week holiday to Japan and I've hauled a lot of beauty products to test/review. Japan was amazing but I'll save that for another post (maybe another 10 posts because Japan is THAT amazing). I did my research on the Japanese cult beauty products and hauled it all home so keep your eye out for the next few posts.

First on the agenda is the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil.
I've been using the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil to remove my makeup daily since I've returned and boy am I in love. I purchased a small bottle at Don Quijote in Japan for approximately $10-15 or you can purchase it here. I was an idiot and I should have bought the jumbo bottle because I have to say that it is the BEST makeup remover I've used so far!

What it claims? To "dissolve all traces of dirt and cosmetics - even waterproof mascara and eyeliner - while nourishing your complexion with antioxidant-rich olive oil." One bottle is sold every 10 seconds......... if you are not already impressed then I don't know what will impress you.

How to use it? I use about 1 pump in dry hands and massage it into my dry face full of makeup until you create a milky texture. Rinse with warm water and voila! I follow up with my normal skincare routine: cleanse, tone and moisturise etc.

PROS:

1. It thoroughly cleanses. I've used many makeup removers that claim to remove waterproof makeup only to be left with panda eyes and waterproof mascara still clinging to my eyelashes.

2. It nourishes your skin. The DHC Deep Cleansing Oil really does what it claims to do, all makeup is dissolved without stripping your skin or leaving that tight feeling. The olive oil and vitamin E leaves my skin feeling hydrated and smoother if anything. I haven't had any problems in terms of irritation or breakouts.

2. It is gentle and does not sting your eyes. It's probably not advisable but I like to open my eyes and examine all the makeup that has been dissolved before I wash it away. I was a bit apprehensive at first because some makeup removers are out for blood, stinging your eyes like concentrated acid the moment it comes into contact with your eyes. A big thumbs up to DHC.

3. No greasy or sticky aftermath. It rinses away with water even though it is an 'oil' and leaves no residue on the skin. Many gurus religiously use coconut oil or jojoba oil for makeup removal but that stuff leaves an unpleasant residue in my personal experience.

4. It is efficient. I hate products that are inefficient and require copious amounts of effort in order to work. I only need to massage for about a minute before my entire face of makeup dissolves. I actually enjoy massaging the oil and watching the black mascara slide around my face. Who the hell ENJOYS such a tedious process? You will after you try this (I sound like a nutribullet infomercial).


CONS:

1. You need to use a cleanser after. Although this cleansing oil does a great job of removing dirt and makeup, it really is JUST a makeup remover.

2. Hard to find in Australia. Not so much a product flaw but just reiterating the fact that I regret not buying multiple larger bottles :( so if anyone knows a store which stocks DHC at a reasonable price then please hit me up.

3. Those with dry skin may have issues. I've read a few reviews before buying the product and some with dry skin have said that the oil leaves their skin feeling dry. I have combination skin and I've had no problems.


OVERALL:

If you can find it then I suggest you get yourself a bottle (or 5) because this has changed the makeup removal game. I was not living but merely existing before I found the DHC oil. There are many high end brands such as NARS and Shu Uemura which carry cleansing oils in their line but I no longer feel inclined to try them. Definitely worth the "1 bottle sold every 10 seconds" hype!!!! And definitely worth the 4 exclamation marks.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. "I was not living but merely existing before" Noice...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.