Canberra Floriade and yellow fields

My mum used to show me photos from our trip to Canberra when I was about 1. It's been 21 years but here I am a...














My mum used to show me photos from our trip to Canberra when I was about 1. It's been 21 years but here I am again prancing around the colorful tulips. I don't know what I was expecting to feel but I didn't feel it. I got bored after a good 10 minutes and headed to the Honey Donut Puffs stand since I could smell the sweetness from a mile away. Mmm those puffs fulfiled all my dreams and replaced all my dry and sad Donut King donut hole nightmares.

The highlight of my trip was on the drive home when my eyes were fighting to stay awake, cursing myself for not having a coffee beforehand. Driving at 110 km/hr on the freeway home, something yellow caught my eye and I pulled over abruptly at the sight of fields of yellow flowers. 'Breathtaking' is inadequate to describe the view. I've had dreams of running through fields of lavender in Provence but it was a trek from Paris so it never made it to the itinerary. I
ll come back for you someday but this experience sure was something else.

Oh yeah and there were these flowers...








These babies were so fresh and fluffy! Made the 3 hour drive feel worthwhile. 

This trip definitely reminds me to appreciate the smaller moments that make up life as a whole.


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I know what kind of small moments you really enjoy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair curling is a popular hair style that are done in each and every beauty parlor. But you can do curl your hair safely at home without damaging your hair. Only choosing the best and safe hair curling irons matter in this case. Best Curling Irons in India

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.