2016 - goals and aspirations

Happy new year my Sunshines! I hope you all enjoyed your New Year's Eve whether you partied hard or had a quiet one. I thought I woul...


Happy new year my Sunshines! I hope you all enjoyed your New Year's Eve whether you partied hard or had a quiet one. I thought I would take some time to write down a few of my goals and aspirations for 2016. I'm well aware of the stigma surrounding new years resolutions but if someone wants to aspire to greater things and change for the better, what is truly so horrible about that?

1. Work hard & grow

2016 will be a year full of change and experiences that will truly push me well beyond my comfort zone. I'll be starting my full time job in a few months and it has finally hit me that I am an 'adult'. Yes, I turned 18 almost 5 years ago but it has finally hit me that I'll be thrown into the real world where I pay taxes and have to use my skills to make a living.

2. Be grateful

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude"
- Cynthia Ozick

It sounds so cheesy (Camembert and triple cream brie kinda cheesy) but small moments of gratefulness drag my attention away from trivial problems and forces me to thank the Universe for everything that I have in life. As I grow older I've come to understand that all the things I thought are my given  rights are merely privileges. I have a loving family, supportive friends, a roof over my head, food on the table, education and clean water. I realised that having all five senses is a gift.

3. Take good care of myself

Instead of the usual 'lose weight' or 'get fit' goals I think it's best to aspire to taking proper care of myself. This includes my well being in every single aspect of life: mind, body and spirit. Keep an eye out for more fitness posts in the near future.

4. Blog more often

Self explanatory really. It has made me extremely happy that any of you even read my blog but even happier that people have reached out to me via Instagram and Facebook etc. Thank you for supporting my hobby!

5. Keep my room tidy

The state of my room is the bane of my existence. Seriously, how hard could it possibly be to maintain a small bedroom? So bloody hard.

9. Be slow to pass judgment

for everyone is fighting their own battles.

10. To be unapologetically happy.

"What other people think of you is none of your business."

Example 1: I have always wanted to wear almost-black lipstick because sometimes a girl's gotta let the world know that this is the true colour her soul or that she simply dislikes the world for the day. I never did for the longest time because I constantly sought approval from others and wondered what others would think. "What do you think?" "Do you think it looks okay?" "What if other people think I'm weird?" One day I just said "fuck it" and it was the best day of my life.

When I stopped worrying about what others thought of me I started to do things that made me feel genuinely happy. The 'black lipstick effect' resonated to every other aspect of my life. Yes, I still get weird stares from strangers when I'm on a brunch date and the harmless jokes from my friends will never cease but I am unapologetically happy.

You have to be your own cheerleader in life. Yes, wearing black lipstick is THAT life changing hehe.

Below are two of the printables I found on Marianna Hewitt's blog to help you achieve your goals! I find that writing them down and putting them up somewhere you can see daily helps.
Here are the last photos of my 2015, I am ready for you 2016.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Definitely 100% agree with your points, last one especially! :P also I like the photos haha! keep posting moar gf I need things to read late at night LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW HELLOO GIRL! So glad that someone actually reads it <3

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.